Information for Industry FSOs
Department of Defense Industrial Contractors should refer to Defense Security Services Personnel Security Management Office for Industry (DSS PSMO-I) for the majority of their case processing questions. The PSMO-I's responsibilities are outlined on the DSS website.
Contractors in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) must contact the DSS-PSMO-I Knowledge Center at 888-282-7682 for questions concerning background investigations submitted to NBIB.
DSS-PSMO-I will contact NBIB to authorize the following actions:
- Upgrade/Downgrade an open investigation
- Cancel/Discontinue an open investigation
- Request File Releases of investigations completed by another agency or component that can be used for reciprocity
- Obtain detailed case status of an open investigation
- Interpret policy guidance as it relates to investigation processing and clearance granting
Non-NISP contractors must refer to the federal agency that is sponsoring their investigation.
Investigator Verification/Complaint Hotline: 1-888-795-5673 or RMFSIMSST@nbib.gov. See the Record Providers page for more information.