Information for Industry FSOs
Department of Defense Industrial Contractors should refer to Defense Security Service Vetting Risk Operations Center (DSS VROC) for the majority of their case processing questions. The VROC team responsibilities are outlined on the DSS website.
Contractors in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) must contact the DSS VROC Knowledge Center at 888-282-7682 for questions concerning background investigations submitted to NBIB.
DSS VROC will contact NBIB to authorize the following actions:
- Upgrade/Downgrade an open investigation
- Cancel/Discontinue an open investigation
- Request File Releases of investigations completed by another agency or component that can be used for reciprocity
- Obtain detailed case status of an open investigation
- Interpret policy guidance as it relates to investigation processing and clearance granting
Non-NISP contractors must refer to the federal agency that is sponsoring their investigation.
Investigator Verification/Complaint Hotline: 1-888-795-5673 or RMFSIMSST@nbib.gov. Click HERE for more information.