Essentials of Suitability Adjudication Program
This program covers adjudications of character and conduct for covered positions made under Part 731 of title 5, Code of Federal Regulations (5 CFR 731). It is intended for individuals who make or approve suitability determinations for covered positions using 5 CFR 731, or are responsible for suitability screening. This program is accredited through the Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) and attendees who successfully complete the course can earn up to three associates/bachelor academic semester credits through the American Council on Education (ACE). The program is compliant with the National Suitability Adjudicator Training Standards.
Training is being conducted in two locations:
NBIB Crystal City Training Lab
Arlington, VA 22202
NBIB National Training Center (NTC)
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
(approximately 1 hour north of Pittsburgh)
Upon completion of the course, attendees will:
- Apply suitability criteria and assess issues using a standard methodology
- Determine the appropriate level of investigation using the OPM Position Designation System
- Screen applications
- Exercise suitability reciprocity when warranted
- Review investigative results
- Analyze, weigh information, and decide the appropriate action
- Recognize appeal procedures
- Document final adjudicative decisions and follow reporting requirements
- Receipt of the 2008 Suitability Processing Handbook from your designated agency official
- Successful completion of online "Introduction to Suitability" course prior to attendance. Access to the online course will be given 30 days prior to the beginning of the Essentials of Suitability Adjudication Program. The Introduction to Suitability Adjudication Program takes approximately three hours to complete.
Tuition for Crystal City sessions is $2,400 and for National Training Center sessions is $2,000. Tuition includes all educational services and materials. Travel, meals and lodging expenses are NOT included. Cancellation policy applies and will accompany registration form. Registration and billing information must be received 30 days in advance.
Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00 PM
- June 5 through June 15, 2017 - Arlington, VA (Class Currently Full)
- July 10 through July 20, 2017 - Arlington, VA (Class Currently Full)
- July 24 through August 3, 2017 - Slippery Rock, PA (Class Currently Full)
- August 7 through August 17, 2017 - Slippery Rock, PA (Class Currently Full)
- September 11 through September 21, 2017 - Arlington, VA (Class Currently Full)
To sign up for this training, please contact email@example.com. For general questions please call 724-794-5612, extension 4233. Registration closes 30 days prior to the first day of the course.